This is a log of my endevor to live the single life, and be happy doing it. I will no longer try to force love in to my life. If love finds me, then I will not turn it away, untill then, may happy days fill my sails with wind.


Wednesday, December 13, 2006

"...In the Navy...." or was that the Air force...

Today I was thinking about my future. I was considering people I knew and how they got where they are today. Vader crossed my mind. He is an aeronotical mechanic. Aka he is an airplane mechanic. He got his training from the military. I don't remember if he was Navy or Army, but it got me thinking. I remembered all those commercials about joining the Navy to go to school. Usually when I look in to a job or a new carieer, the more I learn about it, the less interested I am; or I learn that I am not qualified etc... However, with the Navy the more I learn the more and more I want to join. The benifits alone are superb. Not to mention meal planing, housing assistance, travel discounts, and all the other perks. Then there is the core benifet; school. The schooling and trainng. I am a visual learner, almost to a handycap. I have such trouble learning something out of books and 'class' that it terrifies me to think about going back to school. In the Navy I can get a good mix of classroom and OJT. So I can learn, do, and then check my work. That alone has me anxious to learn more about it. To go back to school with out the anxiety and worry of being crammed up in yet another classroom, has an apeal that is only surpassed by that of a woman. I WANT this. There are very few things I have ever wanted like this. A good life, and good companion are the only other things that have ever had me feeling like this. Much research to do, before I even think of talking to a recuiter. I want to just go enlist today, but I know that in this I must use patience and do my homework.

EDIT: I just heard back from Tie. He recommended the Airforce. So I am looking in to all of my options. I will post here when I know more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Forrest said...

Well, J'myle is joining up, why not the rest of my close friends (which are few?) Maybe they'll let G in with all of her physical drama intact.

Sorry..

Could you let it be a last resort? Are there really so few options that the military looks good? Have you been paying attention to what the US military has been used for in the past 5 years?

Well, I guess you know where I stand. It's your choice, no matter what. It just doesn't really seem like a good idea. See ya in a few.

12/13/2006 08:44:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

---->

<< Home